- a small laptop, please note that this does not necessarily mean thin - it means easy to open and use reasonably comfortably on an air plane,
- light-weight (sub 4lbs)
- A hardware accelerated graphics card with dedicated memory
- An SSD option.
- Reasonable battery life. No, an upper limit of 3-hours isn't reasonable. I'd like something that can last for a long plane ride.
- Resolution is important to me, I can't work in a 1024x768 or something similar. I currently have 1680x1050 and I wouldn't want to lose much in the terms of screen real estate. (I know this conflicts with my want of a light laptop, but a guy can dream, can't he?)
So I got to looking around and I ran across the as of yet unreleased Sony Vaio Z Series . Wow, what a sweet laptop. It actually satisifies ALL of my requirements and more. It's a high powered, very light machine with a great screen, dual SSD drives (w/ raid) and great battery life (or so they claim). Too bad it's $4k. Any other suggestions?
 - http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2965&review=XPS+M1210+Review
 - http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsnb_m1330?c=ca&cs=cadhs1&l=en&s=dhs
 - http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/07/09/nvidia-g84-g86-bad
 - http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2008/08/08/latest-on-the-nvidia-gpu-issue-for-dell-laptop-customers.aspx
 - http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665415900