Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Bill C-61

Meh, some acquaintances of mine met for a peaceful demonstration surrounding Bill C-61 which aims to make Canada's copyright laws more like those in the US. I haven't had the time to keep up with the bill or to read it and its critcisms, so I didn't feel it was appropriate for me to comment.

But, I am grateful to those who did attend and did voice their concerns as I'm sure that my feelings about the bill would likely be similar.

http://kempton.wordpress.com/2008/07/07/reflection-on-c-61-rally/

Hopefully some real dialogue can happen, and the bill can be updated to reflect everyone's interests not just the large companies supposedly fighting piracy. Specifically, I hope that the bill can consider those of us who do not partake in piracy, and our rights to digital mediums as a right of expression and right of backups.

I am sick of paying a 'piracy' tax.

No comments: